Service Management Call to Action
do declare that our industry has become stagnated by a systemic and fundamentally broken set of attitudes and behaviors, as evidenced below:
- Operating models that are broken.
- Failure to recognize and take action on shifting business opportunities.
- An industry that is built around old paradigms and is failing to recognize the new ones.
- Failure to champion individuals and equip them with proper competencies.
The Service Management community MUST change. A fundamental transformation is needed. In order to bring about a necessary transformation, we are issuing this call to action.
We as Service Management professionals commit to:
- Refocus our attention on a set of core values that help to enable individuals, leaders, businesses and communities.
- Increase the access to open, timely and relevant knowledge.
- Improve the agility, creativity and adaptability of our organizations.
- Fulfill our essential duty to provide value to our organizations and customers.
We appeal to the members of our networks and communities to join us in this movement.
We ask that you adopt the values and support the rights that are essential to move our industry forward.
We are practitioners, consultants, vendors, leaders, executives and educators.
We are the business.
Universal Declaration of Information Rights.